Twine is an SF (FiDi)-based startup unit within John Hancock / Manulife Financial – a Fortune 500 global financial services company. Operating from San Francisco, the team applies data-driven agile design and development practices in building a distinctive personal finance app that makes it easy to save money toward critical goals.
Since hitting the App Store, Twine has been featured in ‘Apps We Love’ and as the ‘App of the Day’ three times, maintaining a 4.6+ rating with thousands of reviews. The team is now refining its predictive features and enriching its product analytics to help users make better financial decisions – looking to help millions of families to achieve more secure, happier financial lives.
As a senior Twine data engineer, you’ll shape the product and guide data, business, product and marketing stakeholders by maintaining rich, robust, reliable and maintainable data pipelines. You’ll deliver well-structured, accessible data sets drawing on a variety of sources – including collected Twine user in-app activity, account-linked events, aggregated financial balances, marketing metadata, user surveys, and more.
You’ll report to Twine’s Lead Data Scientist and work closely with Twine’s VP of Engineering and other stellar contributors from Data and Engineering, as well as senior executives from John Hancock / Manulife.
- Maintain robust, reliable and performant data pipelines generating key tables for data scientists, engineers, product managers and marketing executives
- Incorporate new sources of insight in the Twine data warehouse – from massive subscription datasets to granular user profiles from groups across the Manulife organization
- Implement data orchestration pipelines, data sourcing, cleansing, augmentation and quality control processes
- Apply the latest technology and best practices to optimize Twine data infrastructure and processes
- Build the basis for data products that allow us to personalize and optimize Twine app engagement and marketing campaigns
- Deploy machine learning models in production
- Develop data landscape modernization architectures and roadmaps
- Act as a data engineering thought leader within the Twine and Manulife organization